Gastritis is a common condition, especially in people who have poor eating habits, irregular meal timings and work in offices. However, not every case of gastritis has its origins in these factors. Some patients also develop this condition from bacteria, or because of an excessive drinking habit, or as a side-effect of certain medications.
Whatever the cause, please keep in mind that gastritis can lead to plenty of discomfort. In this article, we’ll provide you with some tried and tested gastritis treatment methods, which can help cure this condition.
- The first and the most important step you should take is to completely eliminate spices from the foods you eat every day. Furthermore, also stay away from food items rich in fats, like sauces and fried foods.
- As the second step, try consuming smaller portions of foods during every main meal of the day, while filling yourself up with juices, crackers or fruits in between the main meals. Doing so will help you in never leaving your stomach empty, and thus prevent any gastritis attacks.
- In case you’re very fond of alcoholic drinks, try reducing them to the minimum each day. It’ll be great if you can somehow do away with them completely!
- Another extremely important suggestion is to eat slowly, allowing your stomach to digest the food properly. People in the habit of eating quickly are more vulnerable to stomach inflammation, which often leads to frequent episodes of stomach burning and acid reflux. Please keep in mind that your stomach needs to work extra hard whenever the consumed food doesn’t get digested properly.
- You should also learn how to effectively manage stress in your day-to-day life. Stress can come up at any point of the day, while you’re at home or in between some important office task. It goes without saying that all of us face several situations, both at home and workplace each day, which can work up our nerves and make us uncomfortable. We may often succumb to bad moods and/or feelings of anxiety whenever we face problems that we’re not too comfortable handling. It’s important that you develop the skill of controlling such situations by using certain easy techniques. Start by calming yourself down, then breathe deeply, followed by counting down to 10. When you do so, you’ll find yourself freaking out less often, no matter what problems come your way. All in all, remember that your health is most important.
This variant of the gastritis problem is far more complicated than the milder one. It isn’t about anything momentary which can be easily treated by drinking some simple tea. Chronic gastritis requires the attention of a qualified doctor, specialising in this condition. He/she can prescribe you some medications which can effectively prevent your stomach from creating excessive acid. Another method of treating chronic gastritis, if you’re aware that it has turned chronic already, is by getting to the root of the problem and then following a proper course of treatment under the supervision of a qualified medical professional.
How to treat gastritis naturally
Gastritis symptoms can be treated by opting for several natural treatment methods. The most highly recommended and the main ones involve consumption of food items rich in fibre content, such as fruits (with their rinds) and grains. Ensure that the fruits you eat aren’t citrus. Items like licorice, fresh ginger, linseed and coconut water can provide significant relief from stomach irritation and reduce inflammation inside your digestive tract.
Another important suggestion given by many medical experts is that you must consume the last meal of your day at least 2 to 3 hours before hitting the sack. Sleeping with a full stomach may cause your gastritis symptoms to worsen. Furthermore, avoid overeating. Some salad and juice may work pretty well as the ideal meal in the evenings.