To get bright, even skin that’s free of impurities, you need to make sure you’re cleansing from the inside out. If you’d like to find out how you can use natural treatments and remedies to deep cleanse your body, just keep reading! This method is great for skin that is oily, or prone to acne, boils, blackheads and other unpleasant skin conditions.
Cleanse your intestines
You might be surprised to learn that your intestines are closely linked to your skin, but it’s true! Because of this, the first step to cleansing your skin of impurities will focus on deeply cleansing your intestines, and making sure everything is working properly. The most common problem with intestines is constipation. This causes your body to build up toxic substances, which will naturally move through the bloodstream when not removed from the body. Your body will then do whatever it can to eliminate these toxins through your skin. These will take the form of impurities and sweat, and so on.
If you’re looking for a way to naturally cleanse your intestines, there are many ways to do so:
- Make sure to eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables each day. Things like figs, prunes, apples and leafy vegetables are especially good.
- Add linseed to your meals.
- Make sure to eat whole grains, such as bread, rice, wheat, pasta and so on.
- Don’t be afraid of supplements, take magnesium chloride
- In the morning, when your stomach is empty, drink two glasses of warm water.
- On the subject of water, make sure you’re drinking lots of it throughout the day.
- If necessary, do water enemas. These are much healthier than chemical enemas.
- During the month you’re using to cleanse, be sure to keep taking these steps until your intestines are working properly.
Drink medical infusions
If you’re looking for some fantastic medicinal plants that will help cleanse your skin from the inside, look no further. You may find you notice more impurities during the first few days, but don’t worry, this is common. You’ll soon notice them clearing up, and your skin getting cleaner.
- Green nettle: This is a wild plant with cleansing properties for your body, will also beautify your skin.
- Burdock: This root is useful for impurities that are quite significant, such as boils and acne. You’ll also find it has great benefits for the kidneys.
- Green tea: This tea is rich in antioxidants, as well as being a depurative. It has fantastic rejuvenating properties, so it’s no wonder it’s so popular!
- Dandelion: This depurative works hard to cleanse your liver, kidneys and skin.
During the process of your cleansing month, you should try to drink three cups a day of these infusions. Feel free to alternate them, though!
Cleanse your skin daily
When you’ve got to grips with internal cleansing, it’s important to learn how best to care for your skin on the outside. In order to get the best results, follow these steps each day:
- Wash your face in the morning with cold water
- Follow up with a natural toner, such as rose water, witch hazel, or chamomile. Research the properties of each and choose the one best suited to your skin type.
- Once your skin is dry, moisturise it with a moisturiser suited to your skin type. If you don’t own a moisturiser, you can try a natural oil. Jojoba oil, for oily skin, coconut oil for combination skin, or almond/argan oil, for dry skin.
- Massage the moisturiser/oil into your skin so it’s absorbed well, stimulating the natural regeneration of your skin.
- In the evening, repeat these steps. Remove your makeup first if you’re wearing it, and try to use natural products as much as possible.
Exfoliate and nourish your skin weekly
Doing a peel, or exfoliating your skin is essential for helping rid our skin of impurities. It’s simple to do, simply mix some salt or sugar with aloe vera, or a natural oil if you have very dry skin. Then massage this into your skin as you would your moisturiser.
Rinse your skin with warm water, and apply a nourishing mask. You can make one of these masks by mixing green clay with natural yoghurt. Apply this to your skin, and allow it to sit for around half an hour. Remove it with warm water, and follow up with your usual moisturiser. That’s it!
We recommend repeating these treatments every ten to fifteen days for the best possible results.