How To Make Sunscreen At Home
They say that the one thing you should never leave the house without is your
You will need:
- 1/2 a small cup of olive oil
- 1/2 a small cup of coconut oil
- 1/4 a small cup of bees wax
- 2 tablespoons of zinc oxide. Each tablespoon of zinc oxide is equal to an SPF of ten. If you would like to increase the SPF, simply add another tablespoon of zinc.
- A few drops of your favourite essential oil.
Directions for use
In a large glass bowl, mix the olive and coconut oil with the bees wax and your essential oil of choice. Put the bowl over a saucepan and place on a low heat setting. Heat the mixture until it mixes together, gently stirring it as it heats up.
When all the ingredients are fully emulsified, add the zinc oxide and stir it in well. Make sure you don’t inhale any of the zinc oxide.
When the mixture of ingredients is combined but not too thick, remove it from the heat and leave to set for a few minutes. Then place the mixture in a glass jar.
You can leave the mixture to set for a day before using.
This homemade sunscreen is super easy to make and the ingredients are really easy to get hold of.
This simple method is ideal for protecting yourself from the sun without using toxic ingredients. You will be able to get your daily dose of vitamin D while having peace of mind that your skin is well protected. Why not give it a try?