The best kind of smoothies are super nutrient dense, full of vitamins and healthy oils to satiate you to curb cravings for greasy fried foods and other junk. Smoothies are a wonderful and easy way of getting in extra nutrition while you’re trying to lose weight. You can lose weight by drinking smoothies all day, just once a week. Here is how to do it!
The health benefits of smoothies blow most people who consume them regularly away! People know that smoothies are good for them, but once they actually start drinking them regularly, they can’t stop! Here are some of the benefits:
- You can use them to get all your fruits and veggie into your body without having to worry about salad.
- They are so quick and easy to make, giving you extra time to do other things. You can take them anywhere, too, so they’re perfect for when you’re on the run.
- Weight loss is almost inevitable because they fill you up, meaning you can replace meals with them and you will feel full and satisfied. You won’t be reaching for that bag of crisps or that donut you would really like to avoid if you admit it.
- Better digestion. The blender “chews” your food, so your body doesn’t have to deal with half-chewed food. The fibre content of smoothies will reduce constipation, make you feel fuller with less calories and the energy that your body saves from digestion can go to your life, instead!
- They are super delicious. We swear. You will be able to find recipes you really enjoy drinking that include foods you might not eat so much of. You can hide spinach in almost any sweet smoothie, and not even taste it. This is great for people who don’t like the taste of veggies, like children or people who didn’t grow up eating healthily.
- They will help you detox. If you’ve been feeling sluggish lately, or sick on a regular basis, you might need to have a clean out. The fibre content of smoothies can help sweep away waste in the colon and intestines, so you won’t get the normal detox symptoms like lethargy and breakouts.
How do we prepare them?
The method is simple. Begin with two mugfuls of a liquid. This could be dairy or dairy-free milk (like almond milk), yogurt, juice, coconut milk or water. Then add some fruit and vegetables that you like, or look up recipes online. The internet is full of them. To begin with, you’ll want to add lots of fruit, including berries, bananas and other fruits you like. Keep them relatively simple to begin with, choosing just one or two fruits. Then add in a handful of a green vegetable.
You’ll need a blender and some ingredients for the whole day you want to do your smoothie cleanse for weight loss. Just make a smoothie when you would normally eat, and when you’re hungry for one day. Add these specific ingredients for added weight loss power:
Avocados add thickness and creaminess to smoothies, and enough healthy fat to keep you satiated and satisfied. They contain a nice dose of vitamins and minerals, so you can rest assured that you’ll be well nourished when you add them to your smoothies.
All types of berries, inclduing blueberries, blackberries and raspberries, add lots of flavour to smoothies without adding lots of calories. They are high in fibre, so they keep you feeling full up and their antioxidant content is amazing for your entire body.
Cayenne pepper might not be your first choice when it comes to smoothie ingredients! But the capsaicin in cayenne can boost your weight loss capacity by a long shot, by increasing your metabolism and curbing your appetite. Add a tiny amount and see how you like it.
Chia is jam-packed with protein, fibre and calcium, antioxidants and omega-3. They absorb toxins from your digestive tract. Add them to smoothies after you’ve blended the other ingredients. They will make thin smoothies thick in around 20 minutes. Add just a tablespoon to your smoothie and leave it in the fridge or out on the top until the chia seeds have done their magic!