How to Make Lemon Pie
Our delicious lemon pie is perfect for all members of your family, including diabetics. It is low in calories, light and has a range of health properties. Instead of sugar, we are going to use
- It contains
To make the crust
- One and a half cups of flour
- 100 grams of butter
- Half teaspoon powdered stevia
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons of cold water
To make the lemon pie filling
- Juice from 5 lemons
- Half a teaspoon of powdered stevia
- 75 grams cornstarch
- 6 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 45 grams butter
- Half a glass of cold milk
- 3 walnuts cut in pieces
1. First, grease the pan with butter to prevent the pie from sticking to it.
2. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C.
3. Prepare the crust. Mix the butter and flour in a large mixing bowl. Use your fingertips and mix thoroughly.
4. Add the stevia, 3 egg yolks and water. Mix well and form a ball. Cover with clingfilm and sit it in the fridge for 15 minutes.
5. After 15 minutes, place the mixture in the pan. Make sure it is molded to the pan’s shape and make the edges at least 2 cm tall. That’s because it needs to be high enough for the mixture to be poured in.
6. Bake the crust for 25 minutes.
7. Once it is baked, let it cool at room temperature.
8. Now make the lemon filling. Start by squeezing the juice from the lemons and add half a teaspoon of stevia to it.
9. Heat the juice in a pot and boil.
10. Take half a glass of cold milk and add the 75 grams of cornstarch to it. Stir well until there are no lumps and then add this to the pot with the boiling lemon juice.
11. Stir the mixture while it thickens. Next add the egg yolks and butter and keep stirring.
12. When the mixture it is smooth, remove it from the heat and let cool at room temperature.
13. Pour the mixture into the crust and bake for 15 minutes.
14. To make the meringue. First, beat the egg whites until firm and then decorate the pie with it. Then place the walnut pieces on top.