Natural Remedies for Eliminating Parasites
Parasites are more common than you might think. They’re difficult to diagnose, too, because they share symptoms with many other conditions. Excessive appetite, tiredness or anxiety can all be associated with a parasitic infection. They’re also related to some neurological health problems, so it’s convenient to know the symptoms and how to prevent them.
In this article, we’ll discuss the most common symptoms caused by parasites and Candida, a common fungal infection. We will give you ideas about foods and remedies that can help to treat them both naturally.
Common symptoms caused by parasites and Candida
- Changes in appetite (lack of or excessive hunger)
- Swollen eyes
- Anxiety or nervousness
- Stinging eyes, nose or bottom
- Dilated pupils
- Intestinal disturbances (constipation, diarrhea)
- Insomnia (without any other identifiable cause)
Even some illnesses such as epilepsy, autism or Alzheimer’s disease could be linked to the presence of parasites.
Parasites love and feed off certain foods. This is why, in order to eliminate them, you should follow a strict diet. Starve them by completely avoiding:
- Sugar and sugary foods
- Milk and dairy products
Refined carbohydrates also contribute to parasite growth. To further protect yourself from invasion, stay off white rice, pasta and pastries.
Oral use of Oregano essential oil
Oregano is the most effective essential oil when it comes to the elimination of parasites. Be aware, though: make sure you get the one that is specifically for oral use. If you don’t, you may end up with an oil that’s toxic for the body.
Blend one drop of oregano essential oil with a bit of vegetable oil and take it daily, ideally on an empty stomach.
Parasites alter the intestinal flora. If flora is imbalanced, parasites can proliferate. Develop a good habit and eat probiotics to repopulate intestinal flora that will fight parasites.
You can buy probiotics at chemists, health food shops and even in some larger supermarkets. Take them regularly.
Thyme and chamomile infusions
Easily prepare a healthy, homemade syrup by combining:
- 100 grams of pumpkin flesh
- 500 grams of crushed garlic cloves
- 500 grams of blue agave
In two litres of water, cook the pumpkin until half the water has evaporated off. Remove from the heat and add the garlic, then let it sit for 2 hours. Once cooled (after at least two hours), add the blue agave and sieve to eliminate any lumps. Drink two teaspoonfuls per day.
- If you have pets, ensure that you follow your veterinarian’s recommendations for controlling parasites. Some parasites can be passed through physical contact with them.
- It is also important to be vigilant about the rest of your family members. If someone in your family has parasites, they can pass that parasite on to other family members. If this is the case, everyone should carry out the same treatment.