Preventing Hair Loss
Unfortunately, the occurrence of hair loss is a growing problem among both women and men. Many people aren’t aware of this, but there are lots of factors that we are exposed to each and every day that can have an impact on your hair falling out. This can be more of an issue if we aren’t paying attention to them! Generally, around 100 strands of hair will fall out each day, this is considered to be normal. However, the concern appears when hair falls out often, and in larger amounts.
If you’ve noticed recently that your hair is falling out more than it should, the best thing for you to do is figure out why it’s happening. There are many factors that can contribute to hair loss; stress, anaemia, poor diet and circulation, climate, even your genetics are some of the main reasons that people’s hair falls out. If this is something you’re experiencing, perhaps you would like to learn how to prevent hair loss?
Tips & tricks for healthy hair
- If you see that your hair is falling out more than it should and isn’t looking as full as life as it used to, you should cut back on heat treating your hair. Using straighteners, hair dryers, and other things that expose your hair to a lot of heat can cause a lot of damage, and often are the reason your hair falls out. If your hair is already weakened, from colour treating it, for example, it can have a more significant impact.
- Is your diet properly balanced? A balanced diet plays a huge role in every aspect of your body’s health, including your hair. Your hair can be weakened and breakage increased by nutrition deficiencies. To maintain your hair’s health, try and ensure your diet is rich in vitamins A, B and C, copper, iron, zinc, biotin, protein and drink plenty of water.
- An unexpected cause of hair loss is wearing your hair too tight. Tight hair styles cause traction, which can then make your hair fall out. Loosen up that hair to prevent it falling out!
- Did you know that fatigue and being tired are factors that can influence your hair falling out? Rest up, and get plenty of sleep, as studies have indicated that those who sleep well lose less hair than those who don’t.
- Strong chemicals can cause your hair and scalp to become weak, which is a huge reason hair falls out. Constantly dying your hair and using chemical filled shampoos and conditioners can cause your hair to lose its vitality. We recommend going down the natural route, and choosing products with natural ingredients.
- Washing your hair every day is unnecessary. Leave a few days between washes to let your hair have a rest from heat treating and chemical laden products, and to take advantage of its natural moisture.
- Make sure your hair is dry before styling; leaving your hair wet opens the capillary pores, promoting further hair loss.
- Exercise stimulates your circulation, even in your scalp, so make sure you move more! It plays a huge part in keeping your hair, and the rest of your body, healthy.
- Although it can be difficult, try to avoid stressful situations, and worrying too much. Unfortunately, stress and excessive worrying have a huge impact on hair loss, and can become the primary reason you lose your hair.
- If you notice that you’re losing your hair consistently, pay a visit to a dermatologist. They can help you identify the reason your hair is falling out, and recommend the best treatment.
Natural ways to prevent hair loss
Scrubbing your scalp with Aloe vera crystals can help prevent your hair falling out.
Onion and lemon
Mix up equal parts lemon and onion juice, scrub this into your scalp and allow it to sit for fifteen minutes. Rinse off after fifteen minutes is over. Mixing lemon and onion juice and using in this way can help prevent hair loss.
Putting coconut milk into the roots of your hair is a great way to promote strength and prevent hair loss. Doing this will also make your hair shiny, and stimulate its growth.
Cod liver oil
Cod liver oil is great for preventing hair loss, and noticeably reducing it once you’ve used it for a while All you need to do is rub it into your scalp before you go to bed, and leave it overnight. Rinse off the next morning.
Tomatoes, like cod liver oil, fight against hair loss, and are capable of reducing it. Just grind up a tomato with a clove and then rub the paste on to your scalp. Leave it for ten minutes, then wash off.