Are you worried about the dark spots, acne, wrinkles or expression lines on your face? You should think about doing a natural exfoliation or peel – they are very easy to make in just a few minutes. You could be amazed by the results. Give them a try!
How does a facial peel work?
A peel is essentially an exfoliant that removes dead skin layers from the face surface. They can very useful in removing dark spots, marks, acne, blackheads, scars and even wrinkles. They are widely used by beauty therapists along with other products and techniques such as lasers. However, these commercial products can be harsh to your skin. More and more people are turning to the natural fruit, vegetables, and other natural substances to get similar or even better results.
You must have a clean face before starting a peel. Wash with neutral soap and warm water. There should be no makeup on the face and it should be completely dry. At the end of the treatment apply a little light moisturiser – you can buy one or you can make one yourself. Avoid applying make up again until the next day.
Peels are generally done on the face but there is no reason not to use them on your shoulders and back if you have spots and acne in these areas.
The best natural peels
- Exfoliating corn flour and lemon peel. You will need the juice from one lemon, a tablespoon of sugar, a tablespoon of corn flour, two tablespoons of rosewater, and a few drops of essential lemon oil. Mix the flour with the rosewater until you get a well-mixed paste. Add the sugar, juice, and the essential oil last. Mix it all together and apply to the face by massaging it in circles. Leave it on for a few minutes and then wash off with cool water.
- Sugar and olive oil peel. You will need two tablespoons of sugar, two tablespoons of olive oil and a half tablespoon of lemon juice. Mix the three well in a bowl and then apply to your face in circular movements. Leave on for around 10 minutes. Remove with cold water so that your pores close.
- Exfoliating strawberry peel. You will need three or four strawberries, a tablespoon of natural yogurt, and two tablespoons of oatmeal. Remove the stem and put the strawberries in a bowl and mash with the yogurt and oatmeal into a smooth paste. Apply to the face and leave on for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse with cold water.
- Salt peel. This is powerful and so more suited to your back. The ingredients are four teaspoons of salt and a few drops of lavender essential oil. Put salt and the oil in a bowl. To apply it, massage no more than two tablespoons at a time in circles and then rinse immediately with cool water.
- Yogurt and salt exfoliant peel. You will need natural yogurt and a tablespoon of fine sea salt. Put it all in a bowl and mix well. Apply to the skin by gently massaging the remove with warm water.
- Grapefruit peel. You will need the juice of a grapefruit and a tablespoon of sugar. Mix well and apply to the face and leave for a few minutes. Rinse with warm water.
- Tomato and lemon exfoliant peel. You will need a ripe tomato, juice from half a lemon, and two tablespoons of sugar. Mash the tomato in a bowl and add the lemon and sugar. Spread on the face in circles for 15 minutes, then rinse with cold water.
- Sand rub. When you go to the beach, you can stage an impromptu exfoliating treatment on your legs, feet and heels. Just rub the sand on gently, preferably after swimming in the sea while your skin is still wet. The sand and salt water combination give incredible results.
- Exfoliating coffee rub. You will only need a few tablespoons of ground coffee. Add your favourite moisturiser to it. Rub this mixture on your skin and wash with hot water. Then close your pores with a splash of cold water.