Water is an absolute necessity for your body, as it helps keep it hydrated. In fact, you can end up contaminating your body with your own toxins if you don’t drink enough water every day. If this occurs, it can lead to digestive problems, the accumulation of excess body fat, and many other health problems.
On the other hand, drinking ample amounts of water, using water therapy each day can speed up your metabolic rate, catalyse muscle development and work as an appetite suppressant. You can provide your body with enough water by just changing a few daily habits.
What kind of water is best for your body?
Non- carbonated, fresh drinking water is considered the best choice for optimum hydration. Avoid drinking flavoured drinks, which usually contain added sodium and caffeine. These additives cancel out the fresh water’s hydration effect.
Low-calorie, mixed drinks should also be avoided, as the sugar substitutes they contain can stimulate the appetite. Consuming them regularly can make you crave carbohydrates and make weight loss more challenging. Furthermore, the acidic nature of these drinks can also damage your tooth enamel and cause cavities, as if you had been eating sugary foods.
How to follow this weight loss method correctly
First, drink at least 600 ml of water first thing in the morning every day, before breakfast. Or you could divide this amount into two, drinking 300 ml, then waiting for 20 minutes before consuming the second 300 ml. Avoid drinking or eating anything after that for 45 minutes. You’re free to drink or eat whatever you like after those 45 minutes have passed.
From then onwards, drink at least 300 ml of water 45 minutes before every meal. Don’t drink or eat anything immediately after your meals: wait for at least two and a half hours until you drink or eat again. After the two and a half hour break, you’re free to drink more water if you wish.
The benefits of water therapy
- It keeps your daily water intake consistent and stable.
- It cleans up the body from the inside and brings youthfulness and elasticity to the skin.
- It helps to prevent and cure several illnesses, such as epilepsy, bronchitis, obesity, constipation, kidney diseases, arthritis, muscle aches, asthma, diarrhoea, headaches, and many more.
- As water contains zero calories, you can consume as much as you desire without putting on a pound!
- As well as helping you achieve your weight loss goals, water therapy also ensures that the body receives enough water to work optimally, meaning you’ll have more energy. Please note, as 50% – 60% of the human body is made of water, it requires a minimum of 2 litres per day through what you eat and drink. Fulfilling one’s minimum, daily water intake can go a long way in terms of body weight maintenance.
Water therapy is something that you must take up, not only as a weight loss method, but also as a healthy habit in your day-to-day life. It offers several fantastic benefits which are too good to be ignored!