6 Dinners to Burn Fat
Dinner time is a very important time for your weight loss diet. It could make or break your diet! It is vital that you know how to control your caloric intake and choose the most appropriate foods at night so that you can lose weight more easily. We’ll tell you how to do just that in this article.
A healthy and balanced dinner will help you not only look better physically, but it will also help you get a good nights sleep and feel great the next day. A common mistake is to eat hardly anything throughout the day and then eat your “main meal” at night. Other people skip dinner all together in an attempt to lose weight. Nutritionists say this is a mistake. Skipping meals altogether simply does not work. The key to maintain a healthy weight is eating a balanced diet throughout the day.
The importance of dinner for weight loss
- Your evening meal (dinner) should be providing you with around 15-20% of your daily energy requirements. This is the time of day when we need the least amount of calories.
- The majority of the population eats a small breakfast or no breakfast at all and a small lunch. This is a mistake. It can be forced on us by a hectic lifestyle but we must overcome this temptation. A huge and high-calorie dinner at the end of the day is not the answer.
- Not eating dinner is not the answer either! Your blood sugar levels will fall and this can reduce your metabolism, which considerably reduces the amount of calories you use. You will also feel less satisfied and eat too much the following day.
- Snacking, a bowl of cereal, and even pieces of fruit can make you gain weight at night. Cereals contain fibre, but they also contain a lot of sugar. Nutritionists say that eating just fruit at night will cause digestive problems and will not help in weight loss.
Dinners that help burn fat
Grilled chicken breast with lemon juice: This is an ideal dinner as the proteins contained in lean meats like chicken or turkey, are good at stimulating the metabolism and so you consume more energy as you digest them. The antioxidant properties of the lemon juice make it a healthy option.
Greek yogurt with cinnamon. Greek yogurt has loads of proteins and help burn calories. The cinnamon has the effect of accelerating the metabolic rate of burning up sugars by 20%, which results in lower blood sugar levels.
Drink the juice of one apple mixed with beetroot juice to accompany the meal.
Cook some whole grain rice and mix with mushrooms, peppers and chili. Spicy food can lower lipids in the body and prevent the proliferation of fat cells. Mushrooms contain iodine and are perfect for thyroid functioning and burning fats. Drink a glass of fresh pineapple juice with the meal.
This will make you feel full and burn fat.
- 150 grams beetroots – cut into small pieces
- 100 grams carrots – diced
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 tomatoes – diced
- 50 grams onion – diced
- Orange juice, one tablespoon of olive oil and pepper for the dressing.
Serve with a grilled turkey steak
Celery soup: celery is a diuretic and provides potassium, copper, sulphur, calcium and sodium.
Spinach and turkey salad
- 50 grams spinach
- 1 turkey breast, cut into pieces
- 2 cloves or garlic, mined
- Apple cider vinegar and olive oil for the dressing.
One small cup of grapes
Orange and carrot salad
- Lettuce, cut into small strips
- 100 grams of carrots – grated
- 50 grams onion – diced
- 1 orange – cut into pieces
- Juice from one lemon, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, sat and pepper for the dressing.
One lightly grilled hake fillet.
Cold beetroot soup (Borscht)
- 1 Kg beetroot
- Juice of 2 emons
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Fresh herbs
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Peel and cut the beetroots. Boil in plenty of salted water and then set the boiled water aside. Liquidise the beetroots and add salt, pepper, lemon juice, sugar and your own choice of herbs.
You can adjust these recipes to your own tastes by adding other white meats, fish and vegetables. Remember raw or lightly cooked vegetable are always best.
Lastly, remember that you should eat 2 hours before going to bed.