The Benefits of Orange Juice
Drinking orange juice has a wide range of benefits due to its concentrated components. Therefore, it provides more benefits than the fruit itself.
Orange juice properties
Orange juice has lots of helpful properties for the stomach, such as:
- preventing gastritis and gastroduodenal ulcers. Orange juice is great at aiding bad heartburn. The best way to consume orange juice is to sip it between meals on its own. Try to avoid consuming it with any other foods.
- for the liver. Drinking orange juice between meals can help to aid the liver. It can prevent poor digestion and swelling.
- preventing biliary failure. Orange juice produces more bile, so its very useful for those suffering with biliary cirrhosis.
- aiding diarrhea and constipation. If you are suffering with either of these, drinking orange juice is highly recommended as it will help to regulate them.
- preventing indigestion. Orange juice can help to eliminate intestinal residue that can produce bad digestion.
Orange juice contains alkalising properties which help to cleanse the blood. It helps to dissolve acids and prevent them from settling in the kidneys, thus preventing kidney stones from occurring.
Orange juice has a positive effect on the body’s metabolism and could also help aid those that suffer with:
Gout or arthritis
Orange juice helps to alkalise and reduce levels of uric acid in the blood. This helps those suffering with gout or arthritis and are suffering with pain.
Orange juice contains very little sugar and has diuretic effects. This is particularly helpful for those who have diabetes. It has the ability to regulate blood sugar levels and its high level of vitamin C content ensures those with type II diabetes are protected against infections, poor vision and poor healing.
How orange juice relives flu
The high level of vitamin C makes it highly effective in quickly recovering from the flu. As there is no cure for this illness, drinking orange juice is highly beneficial. It can also aid those suffering with respiratory diseases, allergies and bad coughs.
How orange juice slows the ageing process
Vitamin C has beneficial antioxidant properties which are contained in orange juice. This makes it highly effective against the harmful effects of free radicals in the body. These free radicals cause the body to age. Drinking orange juice can help to slow down the effects of ageing which may aid the following:
- Arteriosclerosis. Orange juice can improve blood circulation. Its antioxidant properties aids circulation, prevents clots from forming and arteriosclerosis.
- Hypertension. Good blood circulation prevents high blood pressure.
- Deafness. Vitamin C has been shown to help prevent deafness.
- Loss of vision. Vitamin C consumption helps to prevent loss of vision and other illnesses, such as cataracts.
- Cancer. Several studies on vitamin C have shown that it can help to reduce the appearance of cancer. Consuming a large amount of orange juice can therefore reduce the risk of developing cancer.