Healthy Shakes for Your Vision
You need certain vitamins and minerals for your vision to function properly. Certain actions, such as spending a long amount of time in front of the computer, stress or certain diets can affect your eyesight. Taking care of your nutrition will help improve your eye health.
Vitamins that aid your vision
Also known as retinol, it helps to stimulate the retina’s light sensitivity. If your diet lacks vitamin A then you may find it hard to focus, or your eyes may sting or get tired easily. To avoid these symptoms, eat food rich in vitamin A, such as spinach, milk, butter and egg yolks.
Present in most fresh vegetables, it has some great benefits. You will find vitamin E in hazelnuts, spinach, plant-based oils, kale and raw seeds.
Healthy shakes for your vision
Carrot, apple, and spinach shake
A great shake for your vision, hair, teeth and skin. You should drink this in the morning for breakfast.
Ingredients for one shake:
- 1 carrot.
- 1 apple.
- 3 spinach leaves.
- 1 tablespoon of wheat germ.
- 1 glass of water.
- Wash the carrots and apple. Wash the spinach and put it all three in a blender.
- Once a liquid has formed, add the water and stir well. Lastly, sprinkle in the wheat germ. Drink immediately.
Beetroot, carrot, and apple juice
Carrots and apples contain many essential nutrients. Beetroot contains vitamins A and C, which aid your vision.
- 1 beetroot.
- 1 carrot.
- 1 apple.
- 1 cup of water.
- Wash the beetroot, apple, and carrot. Cut them all into small pieces and put them in a blender until a thick mixture has formed.
- Mix the shake with water. You could also add a little lemon for a refreshing taste.
- Drink this shake on an empty stomach either in the morning or evening.
Blueberries are packed with antioxidants which are great for your vision. It is also great for your intestine, kidneys and metabolism too.
- 50 grams of blueberries.
- A glass of milk.
1. Add the blueberries to a blender with milk. Once a liquid is formed, you may add a little sugar or yogurt to sweeten it or just drink it as it is.
You can drink this shake for breakfast as a healthy alternative.
Papaya has antioxidant properties as well as digestive, painkiller and antiseptic properties. It helps to strengthen your vision, hearing and the respiratory system.
- 50 grams of papaya.
- 2 tablespoons of natural yogurt.
- A half glass of skimmed milk.
- Peal the papaya and remove the seeds. Cut it into small pieces and put it in a blender.
- Add the yogurt and skimmed milk and mix well.
- Drink immediately. Have this shake for breakfast or instead of an afternoon snack.