Home Remedies for Your Feet
Our feet tend to be an area that we often neglect. We need to care for our feet as they’re the most likely area to be affected by walking, exercising and wearing tight shoes. These could cause long term problems, so we need to look after our feet to prevent serious injuries, and to show them off in sandals, of course!
Look after your feet
Your feet are an extremely important part of your body. Feet tend to be strong and resistant but they are often affected by blisters, dryness or infections. As well as painting your nails, there are other ways to give them the attention that they need.
You should give your feet regular care and maintenance to keep them strong and healthy.
How to care for your feet
To get beautiful feet with no dry, hard skin or cracked heels, follow these simple and easy tips:
- Take a weekly foot bath containing sea salt for half an hour. You could do this while watching television or relaxing at home. This is a great way to rest tired feet and legs and keep them refreshed.
- Do a hot water bath every 15 days, followed by a cold water bath. This improves your circulation and keeps them smelling fresh.
- Use a pumice stone after bathing or showering to remove dry skin. Simply scrub the pumice stone gently over your skin in circular motions.
- Massage your feet with a moisturiser or oil. This keeps them relaxed, soft and feeling energised.
- Walk barefoot around the house. This helps to strengthen your feet and improve circulation.
- Dry between your toes after bathing or showering to prevent fungus forming. You could also use a little talcum powder too.
- Avoid wearing tight shoes and use cushioned insoles to keep your feet feeling relaxed.
- Try reflexology. It helps to eliminate toxic substances from your body and boost your body’s defenses.
Remedies for your feet
Try these remedies to keep your feet looking in beautiful condition.
- Use a foot exfoliator. You could add two tablespoons of sugar to your foot cream/moisturiser. This will hep to remove dry, dead skin.
- Bananas can really help your feet. Blend together two bananas in a mixer and place in on your heels after bathing. Leave it for 10 minutes and rinse off. Do this for a week for a conditioning treatment.
- Use vegetable oil. It is particularly good for curing dry skin on your feet. Simply add oil to a foot bath and soak your skin for 10 to 15 minutes or apply oil all over your feet and leave overnight. Make sure you cover your feet with socks for a deep treatment.
- Try vaseline and lemon juice mixed together. This is an effective treatment for cracked heels. Simply massage in.
Images courtesy of Pacdog, Derek Gavey, Aussiegall, Tobias Lindman, Courtney Rhodes.